Few symptoms of Vertebral Fracture are:-
• The immense pain is experienced in the lower back but usually, takes place in the middle or upper back or neck. In some cases, the people might suffer from pain in their hip, abdominal, or thigh.
• Feeling of Numbness, weakness, and tingling. Such symptoms may result in the compression of the nerves over the fracture site.
• Losing control while passing urine or stool or inability to urinate (urinary retention). If these symptoms are encountered, then the fracture may be pushing over the spinal cord itself.
• Immense Pain is experienced while Standing or walking.
• If you are lying on one's back makes the pain less intense
• Restricted spinal mobility
• Deformity and disability.
• Loss of height.
• Formation of a curved stooped shape to your spin.
In case you are dealing with any of the above issues then you should urgently visit the nearest emergency room doctor for instant relief.
Some of the effective treatments in the case of vertebral fracture includes the following:-
• Use of back brace or back belt.
• Take proper rest and apply ice on the affected area. Later use heat compresses on the area.
• In order to reduce the pain take opiates (hydrocodone or oxycodone [OxyContin]) for instant relief.
• If suffering from the severe pain you should get admit to the hospital: Depending on severe pain, weakness, inability to urinate (retention), or inability to control your urine or stool (incontinence), you may be admitted to the hospital.
• Do proper exercise regularly with the concern of doctor, a stretching and strengthening program is important to decrease further osteoporosis and to strengthen muscles supporting the back.
• Medications for Vertebral Compression Fracture
-Intake of few medicine gives instant relief. In severe pain medicine should be taken are
-Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn)
-Opiates such as hydrocodone
-Muscle relaxants such as cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), carisoprodol (Soma), diazepam (Valium)
• In the case of severe pain, last option is surgery.
IF you are having still any queries and want instant relief from the pain that you are going through then contact the expert of Urgicare services BELLEVILLE. They are having a team of specialized doctors in their field who will diagnose the root cause of your problem and according to that, they will suggest you treatment and medication.